ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 18-year-old Thomas Brooks is in custody after police say he fired shots in the area of Concord Commons apartments early Tuesday morning.
Patrol officers heard two shots and spotted Brooks’ car “quickly leaving the area” of 3552 Elm St, police said.
When police stopped the car a short time later, they found a loaded gun and shell casings inside, authorities said.
Brooks was arrested and charged with Reckless Discharge, Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon, and Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
19-year-old Jaydin Jones was also with Brooks. He was cited for driving with a suspended license and released.
- Get To Know Auburn’s Ali Cushing
- Badgers and Mertz shred the Fighting Illini
- Below average temperatures continue through the weekend
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’