ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Area Convention and Visitor’s Bureau has put their support behind the Hard Rock Casino proposal, the organization announced on Friday.
Board Chair Jennifer Furst and President and CEO John Groh released a joint statement, saying: “The Clock Tower was a longtime anchor of Rockford’s hospitality and tourism sector. Now, at that same site, Hard Rock Rockford and its internationally-known and respected brand will benefit the region’s reputation, and its location at the region’s primary gateway will serve as a great welcome to visitors and residents.
“Our staff and board look forward to working with Hard Rock Rockford for years to come as, together, we advance efforts to enhance the region by growing the positive impacts of travel, entertainment and hospitality.”
Hard Rock International, Rock River West Casino Group and Forest City Casino are all vying for a recommendation from the Rockford City Council to send their plan to the Illinois Gaming Board for approval to build a Rockford casino.
The Rockford City staff, mayor, and the Rockford Park District have all announced their public support for the Hard Rock Casino proposal.
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- President Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts restored
- Pritzker to allow indoor dining sooner than expected
- Fred VanVleet donates winter coats to Rockford elementary students
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day