ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday, officers with the Rockford Police Department responded to a weapons call at the Northridge Walmart near Alpine and Riverside.
Officials say the store was evacuated after several reports of an adult male waving a gun. After investigating, officials say that the suspect saw another man who he knew in the produce section and began to batter him. The victim’s 20-year-old son tried to intervene but the victim pulled out his legal firearm and stopped the scuffle.
Officials say that the man had a legal concealed carry license.
The suspect was identified as Donald Jarvis and is in police custody at the Winnebago County Jail. He is facing an Aggravated Battery charge.
- Slight increase in rain and storm chances for the start of the weekend
- RPS school officials shed more light on back-to-school plan
- ‘There is no magic that occurs in Illinois versus Missouri’, Task force chief says about Pritzker comment
- Volunteers help RVC clean up tornado damage
- Rockford makes final push to get residents to fill out census