ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A 59-year-old woman was allegedly beaten and robbed early Monday morning as she attempted to buy drugs from two men who approached her on the street.
Around 12:30 a.m., Rockford Police say the victim was in the 500 block of Cherry Street, trying to buy drugs from two men. The woman told police that one of the men produced a gun, and both battered her and stole her cash.
She was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
One suspect was described as a black male, approximately 25 years old, medium build, wearing a gray shirt and black pants.
The second suspect was described as a white male, approximately 25-years-old, wearing a black shirt and black pants, last seen carrying a black backpack with orange stripes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or leave an anonymous tip with Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867
- Coronaviruses explained: what you need to know
- UPS training thousands of drivers to spot, report human trafficking
- Woman shoots 3 Illinois State Troopers, killing 1, before turning gun on herself
- New case of coronavirus confirmed in California
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election