ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 21-year-old Porshay Paden was indicted by a Winnebago Grand Jury on Wednesday for allegedly beating a 5-month-old baby, causing skull fractures and a brain injury.
On August 20th, Rockford Police say they responded to a residence in the 700 block of Belmont Avenue where they found the child, not breathing.
At a local hospital, doctors found multiple skull fractures and a brain injury.
Paden was charged with Aggravated Battery to a Child and Aggravated Domestic Battery.
Paden faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted. She is scheduled to be arraigned on September 13th.
- Big Time Sports: Big Ten’s last unbeaten falls as race to the top tightens
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Rockford Police Department swears in 11 new recruits
- Belvidere school administrators receive top honors
- Police arrest alleged Rockford drug dealer