ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 21-year-old Porshay Paden was indicted by a Winnebago Grand Jury on Wednesday for allegedly beating a 5-month-old baby, causing skull fractures and a brain injury.
On August 20th, Rockford Police say they responded to a residence in the 700 block of Belmont Avenue where they found the child, not breathing.
At a local hospital, doctors found multiple skull fractures and a brain injury.
Paden was charged with Aggravated Battery to a Child and Aggravated Domestic Battery.
Paden faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted. She is scheduled to be arraigned on September 13th.
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts
- Soon, a candle can make your house smell like McDonald’s