ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Lino’s Restaurant and OSF HealthCare announced the creation of an open-air Italian market which will run each Sunday this summer.
The “Pasqua Mercato” market will feature vendors selling fresh produce, farm fresh eggs, Italian greens, fresh bread, Italian desserts, gelato, wine tastings, espresso and more.
The market takes its name from the mother of Lino’s co-founder, Pasqua Battista.
Pasqua Mercato opens June 2nd and ends August 11th at Lino’s, at 5611 E. State Street.
The organizers of the event say the market is the first step in bringing together the East side E. State Street neighborhood.
- Florida mom charged after ‘hundreds of bugs’ crawl out of child’s backpack
- Sheriff: Mother faked kidnapping, threw infant down ravine
- Owning an electric car in Illinois could cost you $1,000 a year
- Janesville man charged with 7th OWI after allegedly smoking crack, driving in underwear
- 10-year-old girl with special needs ‘brutally’ bitten on WI school bus, parents say