CHICAGO- State Sen. Andy Manar (D- Bunker Hill) has been tapped as a senior advisor to Gov. JB Pritzker. Manar announced today that he will resign from the Illinois Senate effective January 17, 2021.
Gov. Pritzker said Manar will assist the administration on the governor’s agenda and key priorities. He will also advise the governor on downstate econmoic revitilzation, appropriations, and COVID-19 recovery efforts.
“Andy has been one of the most thoughtful and successful lawmakers of his generation, and he will be a trusted advisor,” said Gov. Pritzker.
Pritzker mentioned Sen. Manar’s work to reform the state’s antiquated education funding formula, make insulin cheaper for millions, reform election laws, and more.
“I value his insights and look forward to him joining my administration as we overcome this pandemic and rebuild Illinois together,” said Gov. Prtizker in a statement.
Below: A previous story FOX2 did with Sen. Manar while he was pushing for a review of a deadly stretch of I-55
- Le-Win’s Arand, Winnebago’s Murphy express frustration over paused high school sports
- Web Extra: Full interview with Ric Arand on IHSA sports still being paused
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- My Take: Picking the NFL’s Divisional Playoff games
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players