Two adults and four juveniles are in custody after being involved in several aggravated assaults involving BB guns in Rockford.
At 3 a.m. Monday morning, police were informed of people in a blue SUV firing a BB gun pistol and rifle from the vehicle. The suspects were eventually located at Kilburn Avenue and Taylor Streets and pulled over.
Inside was a total of six suspects. A follow up investigation linked them to other assaults and criminal damage to property incidents across Rockford.
The suspects were identified, taken into custody and charged with the following:
- Malena Herr, 19, of Belvidere – reckless conduct, criminal damage to property and contributing to the deliquency of a minor
- Levi Parks, 18, of Belvidere – contributing to the delinquency of a minor and no valid driver’s license
- Juvenile male, 15, of Lee, Illinois – reckless conduct, aggravated assault, criminal damage to property
- Juvenile male, 16, of Belvidere – reckless conduct, criminal damage to property
- Juvenile male, 17, of Belvidere – curfew violation
- Juvenile male, 17, of Rockford – juvenile custody warrant