ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — “Social distancing” but in a fun way. “The Heart Hunters” are creating a scavenger hunt in their community. It’s a worldwide Facebook group that is getting picked up in the Rockford area.
It’s a way that area residents are able to spread love and keep the social aspect without putting each other in physical harm. Stephanie Owens posted her window on the Facebook group and it is getting lots of attention. She says she spent three hours creating it.
“I want everybody to do it. To show that there are people out there that care and the world is going through a bad thing right now and we want to say ‘hey we’re here. We still love and care for and appreciate you,'” Owens said.
Kids in the Stateline are also getting along. First-grade teacher Sarah Fey at the Holy Family challenged her class to decorate their home windows.
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Pritzker shares details, timeline of COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan for Illinois; Rockford to receive 4,876 doses
- US adds 245,000 jobs in November as virus threatens economy’s slow comeback
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday