ELGIN, Ill. (AP) — A former social worker at a suburban Chicago mental health center has been sentenced to 180 days in jail after pleading guilty to a sexual misconduct charge involving a patient with a disability.
Christy Lenhardt’s plea entered Friday stems from an investigation into allegations she engaged in sexual misconduct between November 2014 and July 2017 with a patient at the Elgin Mental Health Center. The (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald reports the 55-year-old Lenhardt was also ordered to register as a sex offender.
The patient who was involuntarily committed to the facility after being found not guilty by reason of insanity for what authorities said was an attack on a police officer sued Lenhardt. That lawsuit and one filed by a second patient that makes similar allegations are pending.
- Winter Storm Watch Issued for Parts of the Stateline
- Blind, deaf poodle scooped up by hawk finds her way back home 28 hours later
- Loved ones say goodbye to Milwaukee family found dead after Amber Alert
- Local police warn about new phone scams
- Several local wrestlers leave Champaign as state champs
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.