MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Although the SpaceX launch was postponed due to weather concerns, parts of the spacecraft could have been made right here in the Stateline.
While the company did not receive confirmation that their parts were used on the spacecraft, it still highlights the important work in the Stateline.
The company’s president says it’s an exciting time for them –as both a small business and a woman-owned company.
“We’re excited and the parts that we made, if the parts we made are on this launch, are for the exhaust system. So we’ve done some parts in cooperation with a company in the Chicago area, both Illinois companies where we agreed to provide parts for the exhaust system,” explained Teresa Beach-Shelow, the president at Superior Joining Technologies.
- Bailey paper ballot proposal would affect voters with disabilities, election board says
- Rashon Burno named NIU men’s head basketball coach
- Altybarmakian Strikes Twice in Comeback Overtime Thriller Over Wild
- Rain chances increase midweek as temperatures continue to climb
- ‘I’m ready to talk,’ Meghan Markle says ahead of Oprah interview