A press release from the Peoria Police Department (PPD) said officers responded at 4:41 a.m. to Water and Hamilton streets after a fight started within a crowd of 200 people.
They found two gunshot victims still at the scene. A man had been shot in the neck and a woman had been shot in the back. Police said they were both taken to a hospital by ambulance for treatment of “serious injuries.”
Eleven more gunshot victims, with wounds to their extremities, arrived separately to area hospitals by private vehicles.
Peoria Police confirmed Sunday morning’s shooting was the result of a dispute between groups of people.
Officials continue their investigation into the incident. They ask anyone with information to contact them at 309-673-4521, or Crime Stoppers at 309-673-9000.
- Rockford Rivets hopeful of resuming their season on Thursday
- Local financial expert shares tips for college students
- Fallen Rockford detective remembered 19 years later
- Annual Sturgis rally in expecting 250K, stirring virus concerns
- Miss Carly’s and staff gets a well deserved makeover!