Stacy Jones was shot on her Jefferey Manor porch just after midnight on Tuesday in the 2100 block of East 95th Place.
Jones was a probation officer in Cook County Court’s Adult Probation Department.
Police said Jones was eight months pregnant and doctors were able to deliver her baby boy, who was in critical condition. He was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center Saturday afternoon.
Jones left behind two other children who are currently staying with relatives.
She had just moved to Chicago from Tennessee less than two years ago but she left a big impression on her colleagues, who remembered her as eclectic and funny and a really dedicated mom.
A GoFundMe to raise money for her children has been established.
Charges are pending against a person of interest.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Rockford man arrested on murder charges after May 4th deadly shooting
- Rockford crews respond quickly after trailer fire near Sandy Hollow Road
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room