SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WGN) – The Illinois Department of Public Health announced 1,467 new coronavirus cases Sunday and 14 additional deaths.
There are now a total of 181,943 cases in Illinois and 7,517 deaths.
Within the past day, 38,945 new tests were collected for a total of 2,778,322.
The preliminary seven-day positivity rate from July 26 – August 1 is 3.9%.
As of Saturday night, 1,407 people in Illinois are hospitalized with COVID-19, 339 patients are in the ICU and 126 are on ventilators.
- R. Kelly’s manager charged with making threatening call to theater showing ‘Surviving R. Kelly’
- The Norwegian shuts down after staff member tests positive for COVID-19, will reopen next Thursday
- Winnebago County removed from COVID warning list
- Walmart extending closing time to 10 p.m. at most stores
- Plane overshoots runway in Rockford, lands on car near Auburn High School