(WTVO) — Stateline aerospace manufacturer Woodward will be taking action to address the economic impact of COVID-19. According to Woodward administrators, the company will be forced to lay off or furlough some employees.
A company wide wage freeze will be put into effect. The company will not be making any new hires. Woodward says the changes are a result of a long period of uncertainty.
The company says its priority is focusing on employees’ safety while also protecting its business.
- Boylan teacher earns first Don Zimmerman Golden Apple Scholarship
- Stateline salons and tattoo shops reopen under Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
- Uniform worn by Tom Hanks in ‘A League of Their Own’ being auctioned
- Local restaurants and bars welcome customers back with outdoor dining
- Cooler, but Dry, this Weekend