STEPHENSON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Stephenson County plans to rename an overpass in honor of slain Illinois State Trooper Brooke Jones-Story.
The overpass on U.S. Route 20 will be renamed in her honor.
In March, Jones-Story was killed in the line of duty after a semi-truck hit while she was conducting a roadside traffic stop on US 20.
Lawmakers say the tribute honors Jones-Story while also serving as a reminder for drivers to follow Scott’s Law or the “Move Over” law.
A dedication ceremony is scheduled for August 30th.
- Animals killed in barn fire in McHenry County
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- One killed, one injured in Thanksgiving morning shooting in Rockford
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets