BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Summerfield Zoo is celebrating the arrival of a new, two-toed baby sloth this weekend.
The zoo is inviting the public to celebrate the arrival on August 16th and 17th.
The sloth, named “Flash”, spends his days eating, sleeping, and hanging upside down, according to a press release.
“We are thrilled to be adding Flash to the zoo family, as he will be a great addition to our educational programs. Sloths sleep for about 15 hours a day to get their needed beauty rest, so don’t be insulted if Flash happens to be snoozing during your visit. He’s just as cute to see during a visit if he’s sleeping, hanging upside down, or snacking.
“This new addition to the zoo was made possible by a directed donation to the zoo. This directed donation helps us to expand and continue to provide an up close and personal zoo experience to our community.” says Rick Anderson, director at Summerfield Zoo.
Summerfield Zoo is located at 3088 Flora Road and is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is $10 adult, $8 senior, and $6 child.
- Winnebago holds off Oregon in its own Regional
- Christian Life storms into the Regional Championship game
- Indian Creek too much for Durand in Regional semifinal
- Rockford area hoops scores for Wednesday, February 26
- Spring Temperatures on the Rise as our Climate Continues to Change