ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County State’s Attorney Marilyn Hite Ross and Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea announced charges against Eric Brown for the murder of Robert Wash.
Brown, 28, is charged with murder, home invasion, and armed robbery for killing Wash, 40.
Wash was found shot outside a Harrison Avenue apartment on Tuesday, October 15th.
Officers were called to the 4900 block of Harrison Avenue around 8:00 p.m. where they found Wash, suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Wash was known to many as local rapper “Pair A Dice.”
Police say Wash was at the apartment when Brown forced his way inside, robbed two people of more than $600, and shot Wash.
O’Shea credits tips from the public for helping to nab Brown.
“My biggest thanks goes to the community for stepping up, helping out, providing information, and working with the police. It’s greatly appreciated,” he said.
Detectives from the Rockford Police Gang Unit had charged Brown in connection with a drive by shooting on West Jefferson Street on September 26th. He was also wanted on an Illinois Department of Corrections warrant.
Brown faces up to 45 years to life in prison if convicted on the murder charge, 30 years for home invasion, and 30 years for armed robbery.
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin