ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ─ There were puppies on parade for one Rockford hospital employee Thursday evening.
It was all hands and paws on deck to say goodbye to SwedishAmerican employee Claudia Aschbrenner.
Aschbrenner is retiring.
She has run the hospital’s Caring Canines program for the last five years.
While some of her furrier co-workers had long faces while saying goodbye, the surprise brought Claudia nothing but smiles.
“It was a wonderful cap to a great position and job at the hospital,” said Aschbrenner. “I thoroughly enjoyed working at SwedishAmerican and wish the great volunteer team called Caring Canines.”
The Caring Canines therapy dogs provide comfort to patients, visitors, and staff during difficult times and especially during COVID-19.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision