ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ─ There were puppies on parade for one Rockford hospital employee Thursday evening.
It was all hands and paws on deck to say goodbye to SwedishAmerican employee Claudia Aschbrenner.
Aschbrenner is retiring.
She has run the hospital’s Caring Canines program for the last five years.
While some of her furrier co-workers had long faces while saying goodbye, the surprise brought Claudia nothing but smiles.
“It was a wonderful cap to a great position and job at the hospital,” said Aschbrenner. “I thoroughly enjoyed working at SwedishAmerican and wish the great volunteer team called Caring Canines.”
The Caring Canines therapy dogs provide comfort to patients, visitors, and staff during difficult times and especially during COVID-19.
- Dog mauls toddler to death at Fourth of July party
- Johnny Depp sues tabloid newspaper for article calling him a “wife beater”
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine