(CNN) – Consumers hoping to protect themselves from coronavirus may find themselves running out of options.
Many stores including, Target and Walmart, are placing limits on the sale of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
Target says it is limiting customers to six containers of wipes and hand sanitizers per person.
Walmart is telling store managers to manage their inventory to limit items that are in unusually high demand.
Policies could vary from store to store.
Publix set a limit of two each of hand sanitizers, masks, rubbing alcohol, bleach, and other anti-viral products.
Experts say the rationing and limits should have started earlier to prevent price gouging and hoarding.
- Third US vaccine could raise question of which shots are best
- Mr. Potato Head drops the mister, kind of
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.