(CNN) – Consumers hoping to protect themselves from coronavirus may find themselves running out of options.
Many stores including, Target and Walmart, are placing limits on the sale of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
Target says it is limiting customers to six containers of wipes and hand sanitizers per person.
Walmart is telling store managers to manage their inventory to limit items that are in unusually high demand.
Policies could vary from store to store.
Publix set a limit of two each of hand sanitizers, masks, rubbing alcohol, bleach, and other anti-viral products.
Experts say the rationing and limits should have started earlier to prevent price gouging and hoarding.
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night
- Illinois to share data of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- These 5 states are most at risk of election-time violence from militias, report finds
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.