ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police say that on Sunday night at approximately 11 p.m. a 16-year old juvenile was found in possession of a handgun and arrested.
Rockford’s Specialized Community Oriented Police Enforcement (SCOPE) officers located a male subject walking in road of the 700 lock of Acorn Street. When officers tried to make contact with with the young man, he fled on foot and dropped a handgun, which was picked up by officers.
After a brief foot chase, he was caught by officers and charged with Aggravated Use of a Weapon, Resisting Arrest, and Walking in the Roadway.
He was taken to the Winnebago County Juvenile Detention Center.
- Karnisovas viewed as clear front-runner in Bulls’ search for new lead executive
- How coronavirus spread through a birthday and a funeral in Chicago
- Stateline residents adapt to reliance on technology during COVID-19 reality
- Michigan babysitter arrested for murder in toddler’s death
- 9 new COVID-19 cases in Winnebago County for Wednesday, no additional deaths