ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — After more than half a century of making music, The Beach Boys are coming to the Coronado Performing Arts Center on March 1st, 2020.
Since lead-singer man Mike Love penned the lyrics to The Beach Boys’ first hit, “Surfin’” (1961), dozens of the bands chart toppers have become eternal anthems of American youth: “Surfin’ USA,” “Surfer Girl,” “Fun, Fun, Fun,” “I Get Around,” “California Girls,” “Help Me Rhonda,” “Barbara Ann,” “Good Vibrations,” “Wouldn’t It Be Nice,” “Rock and Roll Music” and “Kokomo.”
The Beach Boys have sold over 100 million records worldwide and have received more than 33 RIAA Platinum and Gold record awards. The Rock And Roll Hall of Famers where also honored at the 2001 Grammy Awards with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
With more than five decades of touring under their belts, The Beach Boys have performed more concerts than any major rock band in history.
Tickets for the 7 p.m. show go on sale Friday, October 18th.
- Nearly 30 children missing from Cleveland in last 2 weeks
- New docs: Jeffrey Epstein had more than 10 sex partners, STD before suicide
- Pentagon bans drag shows on military bases after GOP pressure
- Trump demands recusal of judge overseeing hush money criminal case
- Cynthia Weil, Grammy winning lyricist who had hits with husband Barry Mann, dead at 82
For more local news, download the MyStateline app (iOS) or (Android).
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram!