Three dogs, pot-bellied pig saved in Rockton fire


Firefighters saved several pets, including a pot-bellied pig, during a Tuesday afternoon fire in Rockton.

It started sometime around 1:30 p.m. in the 600 block of W. Chapel Street. Four different departments responded and were able to bring the fire under control quickly. Residents weren’t home at the time.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature. Damage was severe enough that the residents will be displaced.

Fire officials on scene say they encourage residents to always shut all the doors in their house. They say that can prevent flames from spreading more rapidly.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories