ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police responded to the 3100 block of Bildahl St. in reference to an attempted robbery.
The incident took place at approximately 10 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29th, officials said.
According to authorities, a 25-year-old male victim was walking on Sawyer Road near 10th Street when three juvenile male suspects got out of a parked vehicle and approached him.
One of the suspects demanded the victim’s belongings, police said.
The victim ran away and the suspects drove off.
Nothing was taken and no one was hurt, officials said.
Officers located the suspect vehicle occupied by four males, and conducted a traffic stop at Hamilton Ave. and Southworth St.
All four were taken into custody.
According to authorities three 17-year-old male juveniles were charged with attempted robbery.
They were lodged in the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Bottom line: Surprise ambulance trips cost big bucks
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Roscoe community debates special wedding venue approval for Hidden Creek Estates
- After K9 Loki’s death, new bill to protect police and service dogs passes Illinois House