A brief look at the timeline of events leading up to Thursday’s announcement that Rockford Police Officer Jaimie Cox was cleared in the use of deadly force for the shooting death of Eddie Patterson.
- Nov. 5, 2017: Cox, Patterson killed during traffic stop at E. State St. and Dawn Avenue.
- Nov. 5, 2017: Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea calls the Winnebago/Boone County Integrity Task Force to investigate Cox’s use of deadly force.
- Nov. 11, 2017: Funeral procession for Cox.
- Nov. 17, 2017: Leticia Banks, Eddie Patterson’s daughter, files a wrongful death lawsuit against the city. A status hearing for that case is set for July 25th, 2018.
- Jan. 31, 2018 & Feb. 2, 2018: Winnebago County Coroner’s inquest hearings scheduled, but cancelled.
- July 12, 2018: Winnebago/Boone County Integrity Task Force clears Cox for use of deadly force.