(CNN Newsource) – Tom Hanks is not just an American treasure anymore.
The actor and his wife, actress Rita Wilson, are now officially Greek citizens.
Greece’s prime minister posted a picture on social media showing Hanks and Wilson with their new passports.
Last year, the Hollywood power couple and their children were named honorary citizens of Greece.
This came after Hanks helped raise awareness about the fatal fires that destroyed areas close to Athens in 2018.
More than 100,000 died in the flames.
Wilson is part Greek and Hanks converted to Greek Orthodox.
They own property on the Antiparos Island and often spend vacations in Greece.
- Poll: One-third of Republicans won’t get COVID vaccine
- SD governor signs ban on transgender girls from female sports
- COVID relief bill allows student debt forgiveness without tax hit
- Kentucky bill would make it a crime to insult, taunt a police officer
- Warner Bros. cuts Pepe La Pew from ‘Space Jam 2’