ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Consumer advocates release the top regional scams of 2020. In Northern Illinois, online purchases from fake websites tops the list.
The Better Business Bureau says COVID-related scams comes in at #4. However, the BBB says that could end up being higher because those fraudulent schemes could be categorized as something else–such as phishing r counterfeit products.
To avoid being ripped off, advocates tell us to avoid clicking on links or opening attachments in unsolicited emails.
Also, make sure to use secure and traceable transactions.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams