LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A transgender woman was crowned Miss Nevada USA at South Point Hotel Casino & Spa on Sunday, a first and historic moment in the pageant’s history. Kataluna Enriquez, 27, will compete for the Miss USA title in November.
- Gov. Pritzker issues mask mandate for indoor youth sports
- US to require COVID-19 vaccination for foreign travelers
- Republicans push back against Pelosi, president’s calls for two big spending bills
- High and low vaccination rates in Stateline long-term care facilities
- Delta variant ‘spreading quickly among kids, adolescents’ in ‘unmasked situations,’ pediatrician says
Kataluna competed with 21 other women this weekend. She took the title of Miss Silver State USA in March, a precursor to the Miss Nevada USA event.
In a post on Instagram, she wrote, in part: “Huge thank you to everyone who supported me from day one. My community, you are always in my heart. My win is our win. We just made history. Happy pride.”