AFTON, Wis. (WTVO) — On Saturday around 2:30 p.m., deputies with the Rock County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to a small pond off of S. Indian Lake Drive in Rock Township. The caller indicated that two people were swimming and went under the water in distress.
Two Beloit men, ages 22 and 23, were pulled from the water but later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
After talking with witnesses, investigators believe it was accidental in nature.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office along with the Medical Examiner’s Office is still investigating.
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker announces new COVID-19 guidelines for Illinois
- RPS reveals survey data, along with other back-to-school updates
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leads open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community