Two hospitalized following house fire in Rockford’s Edgewater neighborhood

News
Capture_1543268667698.JPG

Two people was rescued and taken to the hospital Monday afternoon following a house fire in the 1800 block of Logan Street.

The Rockford Fire Department was called to the scene around 2 p.m. Monday, and found smoke pouring from an open garage door of the two-family duplex apartment.

A fire was found in the basement of one of the apartments, and was extinguished in about 12 minutes.

Two occupants of the apartment were both taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, and damage was estimated at $500.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong