OREGON, Ill. (WTVO) — Dive teams helped rescue two kayakers who tipped over on the Rock River in Oregon Friday.
The incident happened just before 2 p.m.
One of the victims made it to dry land before first responders were able to reach them.
The other was still battling against fast currents in the river.
Boat and dive teams took to the water to pull out the remaining kayaker.
Both victims are expected to be okay.
- Dog mauls toddler to death at Fourth of July party
- Johnny Depp sues tabloid newspaper for article calling him a “wife beater”
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine