BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — A traffic stop by the Boone County Sheriff’s Department and a K-9 unit resulted in the arrest of two people accused of transporting Ecstasy and cannabis.
Police say 50-year-old Demetrius Broadwater, of Chicago, and Lashawn Figgins, 49, of Beloit, were stopped at the Belvidere Oasis on Tuesday, November 26, where the K-9 discovered the drugs in their car.
Authorities charge that the two had 50 tablets of MDMA (Ecstasy) and 446 grams of cannabis.
Broadwater was charged with Unlawful Possession with an Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance and Unlawful Possession of Cannabis.
Figgins was charged with Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance and Unlawful Possession of Cannabis.
Both were taken to the Boone County Jail.
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
- Church volunteers donate bags of free winter clothing for the homeless
- Rockford Police Officer to move in to city’s 3rd neighborhood house