Americans will shell out somewhere around $20 billion for chocolate, flowers, jewelry and other items this Valentine’s Day.
Here are ten other interesting statistics when it comes to love’s top day:
- 55% of Americans will celebrate Valentine’s Day
- 37% do not buy a gift for their partner.
- 53% of women that don’t receive a gift would end their relationship
- 100% more money is spent by males versus females
- $99 is the average spent on Valentine’s Day for spouses
- 33% will do a Valentine’s dinner and/or movie
- 27% will opt for “Netflix and chill”
- 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold
- #1 time for fresh flower purchases in the U.S.
- 50% of marriage proposals happen on Valentine’s Day
If you’re one of the 33% going out for a dinner or a movie tonight, click here for some of the best Valentine’s Day deals.