STEPHENSON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office has released the identities of two people, 41 and 84-years-old, who were killed in an accident on Friday.
Police say a Kia Soul driven by 41-year-old Anna Carpenter of Manteca, California crossed a center line on IL Rte 26, striking a GMC truck driven by a 37-year-old Dakota man.
Carpenter and her passenger, 84-year-old Lyman Carpenter, also of Manteca, were killed in the crash.
The driver of the truck was airlifted to Mercyhealth in Rockford. His condition is unknown.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Light Showers Expected Sunday Evening, Heavy Rainfall Possible by Monday Morning
- Rockford Lutheran hope to find new identity under new Head Coach Ambrogio
- Tough Mudder Classic: Pushing your body to the limit
- Bus company makes Chicago to Indianapolis route permanent
- Hawaii or Spain? Telescope experts say it may not matter