STEPHENSON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office has released the identities of two people, 41 and 84-years-old, who were killed in an accident on Friday.
Police say a Kia Soul driven by 41-year-old Anna Carpenter of Manteca, California crossed a center line on IL Rte 26, striking a GMC truck driven by a 37-year-old Dakota man.
Carpenter and her passenger, 84-year-old Lyman Carpenter, also of Manteca, were killed in the crash.
The driver of the truck was airlifted to Mercyhealth in Rockford. His condition is unknown.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Local businesses board up windows as precaution for more looting
- Rep. Kinzinger deployed to assist law enforcement with riots
- CityFirst Church hosts 5th food drive for needy families
- Small group protests peacefully at Rock County Courthouse
- RPS 205 issues distance learning surveys to prepare for next school year