STEPHENSON COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Stephenson County Sheriff’s Office has released the identities of two people, 41 and 84-years-old, who were killed in an accident on Friday.
Police say a Kia Soul driven by 41-year-old Anna Carpenter of Manteca, California crossed a center line on IL Rte 26, striking a GMC truck driven by a 37-year-old Dakota man.
Carpenter and her passenger, 84-year-old Lyman Carpenter, also of Manteca, were killed in the crash.
The driver of the truck was airlifted to Mercyhealth in Rockford. His condition is unknown.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- Fire tragedy strikes Freeport family twice; Man killed following early morning fire
- San Francisco bans tobacco smoking inside apartments, but pot smoking OK
- Man’s wife sells his PlayStation 5 after she discovers he lied and said it was an air purifier
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class, sheriff’s office says