STERLING, Ill. (WTVO) — Walmart will be holding a hiring event to fill 100 positions at its distribution center in Sterling, with a starting wage of $17.85 an hour.
Late shifts could earn up to $19.60 an hour, the company said Thursday.
The Sterling center serves 146 Walmart stores and 30 Sam’s Club stores throughout the region.
The hiring event will take place Thursday, September 19th at 23769 Mathew Road between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Applicants can also apply at careers.walmart.com.
“Through our vast national network, which includes Walmart distribution centers, e-commerce facilities, more than 4,700 Walmart stores and a world-class transportation fleet, we’re seeing continued growth in ways that few companies can,” said Greg Smith, EVP, Walmart U.S. Supply Chain. “As we continue to invest in the supply chain of the future, we are expanding our ability to serve customers by ensuring we have the right people in place.”
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80