ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Public School District is reporting that Auburn High School was placed on lockdown Thursday morning while police investigated reports of a weapon in the building.
According to the school district, no weapon was recovered.
The lockdown was lifted and the school day will continue as scheduled.
Staff and students are safe, the district said.
- Democrats face an important test in Nevada caucuses
- Harlem in 3rd place after day 1 of State Tournament
- Jefferson cruises past Auburn Friday night
- Boylan defeats Guilford, clinches NIC-10 championship outright
- East dominates Freeport in final home game