ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Rockford Public School District is reporting that Auburn High School was placed on lockdown Thursday morning while police investigated reports of a weapon in the building.
According to the school district, no weapon was recovered.
The lockdown was lifted and the school day will continue as scheduled.
Staff and students are safe, the district said.
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness