UPDATE: After announcing that Mr. Potato Head would go gender neutral, Hasbro took back the decision that Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head aren’t going anywhere.
NEW YORK (AP) — Mr. Potato Head is no longer a mister.
Hasbro, the company that makes the potato-shaped plastic toy, is giving the spud a gender neutral new name: Potato Head.
The change will appear on boxes this year.
- Bottom line: Surprise ambulance trips cost big bucks
- Last week saw highest ever level of global COVID cases over 7-day period
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Roscoe community debates special wedding venue approval for Hidden Creek Estates
- After K9 Loki’s death, new bill to protect police and service dogs passes Illinois House
Toy makers have been updating their classic brands to appeal to kids today.
Barbie has shed its blonde image and now comes in multiple skin tones and body shapes.
Thomas the Tank Engine added more girl characters and American Girl is now selling a boy doll.
Hasbro said Mr. Potato Head, which has been around for about 70 years, needed a modern makeover.