(CNN) — Oak Creek Police on Sunday had to think the 911 caller was mistaken when they called to report a reckless driver.
“There’s a guy behind us and he has a. . he’s driving really reckless but he has a hawk in his car,” the 911 caller said.
But it turns out it was pretty close, rather than a hawk, it was a brown chicken.
The pulled it from the car and put it in the back of the squad car with the driver’s cousin.
According to the officer’s report, besides numerous open cans of beer, “I also did notice a live chicken that was fluttering around the inside of the vehicle.”
It’s the third drunk driving arrest for 42-year-old Ernesto Martinez-Garnica of Milwaukee.
But as far as we know, the first involving poultry.
- Winter Storm Watch Issued for Parts of the Stateline
- Blind, deaf poodle scooped up by hawk finds her way back home 28 hours later
- Loved ones say goodbye to Milwaukee family found dead after Amber Alert
- Local police warn about new phone scams
- Several local wrestlers leave Champaign as state champs
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.