(FOX NEWS) — A new report dishes out the details on America’s meat consumption.
Turns out, many people aren’t bringing home the bacon.
More than 40 million pounds of pork bellies are sitting in refrigerated warehouses.
This, according to data released by the US Government Tuesday.
The nation’s supply of uneaten bacon is the largest it’s been in 48 years, since 1971.
Experts say it’s because hog farmers have been building up their droves in anticipation of more meat demand from China.
Where an outbreak of African swine fever has killed millions of pigs.
However, the pork belly pile-up might not last for long.
In recent weeks, China has been importing American pork at record levels.
- Two Cubs employees test positive for COVID-19
- Illinois Men’s Basketball: This Season’s Top Three Moments
- EF-1 Tornado Reported in Ogle County Saturday Night
- Utah man accused of raping woman saying he was going to ‘fix the gay’
- Local pet center offers free doggy-care for owners who are too sick
Copyright © 2020 Fox NewsEdge. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.