(CNN) — The next bottle of water Coca-Cola sells you, might come in a can.
Coke plans to start offering its Dasani water in aluminum cans and bottles next year to make it more environmentally friendly.
The company hopes to collect and recycle the equivalent of every bottle or can it sells by 2030.
That’s a pretty lofty goal considering the soft drink giant produced 3.3 million tons of plastic in 2017.
Aluminum is easier to recycle than plastic, so moving customers away from plastic will likely help.
Dasani will still be available in plastic bottles, but they’ll be lighter weight.
Coke also has plans for a new bottle made with up to 50% recycled plastic and plant-based materials.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.