SISSONVILLE, WV (WVNS) — A couple called deputies early Monday morning to report an explosion in Sissonville. They told deputies they were in their car and were trying to escape a hostage situation at their home.
Deputies met the couple along Sissonville Drive, near Guthrie Road. The two were flown to a hospital due to the injuries.
As deputies were trying to get information from the woman, she admitted that she and her husband were actually hallucinating while smoking methamphetamine. They believed they were being held captive and her husband made a device with black powder to cause a distraction for their imagined captors. The device exploded in his hands, causing burns to each of them.
Deputies confirm there was no hostage situation and the investigation is ongoing.
- Trump signals he’s prepared to give farmers more federal aid
- Costco to ban non-members from food court
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs