(CNN) — One man’s trash is another’s treasure, which is why a group of historians in New York are digging up old outhouses.
They call themselves “privy diggers.”
You must be thinking, people back in the day sure ate some weird stuff.
But no, actually, in the 1800s and 1900s, some people would dispose of garbage beneath their outhouses.
That’s where this group of historians in Buffalo have unearthed a collection of relics.
Pocket watches, porcelain dolls, historic bottles…all found beneath privys.
You’re probably thinking ‘eww’, but believe it or not, the group says there’s no health risk in digging up old outhouses.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.