(CNN) — One man’s trash is another’s treasure, which is why a group of historians in New York are digging up old outhouses.
They call themselves “privy diggers.”
You must be thinking, people back in the day sure ate some weird stuff.
But no, actually, in the 1800s and 1900s, some people would dispose of garbage beneath their outhouses.
That’s where this group of historians in Buffalo have unearthed a collection of relics.
Pocket watches, porcelain dolls, historic bottles…all found beneath privys.
You’re probably thinking ‘eww’, but believe it or not, the group says there’s no health risk in digging up old outhouses.
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride
- 10-year-old kicks attempted rapist in groin, escapes, records say
- Sugar Britches Promises Halloween Goodness
- Skipper’s Skin Care Has A Natural, Organic Product For Everyone In Your Family
- The Upcoming National Fossil Day Warrants A Visit To Burpee Museum
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.