(CNN) — Cell phone cases are designed to set your phone apart, but a new prototype is designed to feel like human skin.
The project is a team effort by researchers from France and England. It uses silicone to mimic the feel of skin and sensors to ‘feel’ your touch.
The case can detect and differentiate tickling, pinching, and caressing.
The skin can even send signals to the phone, which can then respond with emojis.
The developers say the device aims to explore the intersection between man and machine.
The project is in beginning stages and not available for sale yet. Thankfully.
- Hoppin’ good time: Kangaroo on the loose in Illinois
- Slim Jim jerky recipe creator Lon Adams dies of COVID-19
- Winnebago County officials expect slow rollout of COVID-19 vaccine, beginning as early as next week
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers
- Police searching for motorist who killed cat by throwing it out of Jeep into busy Oklahoma intersection
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.