BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) — Southern Illinois authorities say a man was seriously injured when he spent a night trapped in a tree he’d scaled to escape an attacking dog.
The Belleville Fire Department says a woman heard the 38-year-old man calling for help Wednesday morning and found him stuck about 4 feet (1.2 meters) off the ground in a tree in Belleville’s Bicentennial Park.
The man told firefighters who rescued him after about 11 hours in the tree that he’d climbed it Tuesday night after a dog chased him, but his knee became lodged in a fork in the tree, trapping him there.
Belleville Fire Chief Tom Pour says the man’s knee was seriously injured due to a lack of circulation. KTVI-TV reports the man was flown to a St. Louis hospital for treatment.
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.