(CNN) — Get ready to pig out around the world, Saturday is international bacon day.
Did you know the average American consumes nearly 18 pounds of bacon each day?
Some 65 percent of Americans say bacon should be the national food, but plenty of other countries love it too.
The classic English breakfast always includes British bacon called a “rasher.” Brits also eat baked beans, fried egg and blood sausage.
In Germany bacon is called “speck,” and in Italy, it’s known as “pancetta.”
In any language, it’s all delicious, so enjoy some extra bacon with breakfast.
- Blackhawks stun Oilers; advance to Western Conference Q-finals
- More protesters arrested in downtown Rockford as City Market returns after two weeks away
- Protesters arrested after blocking E. State again, despite warnings
- Kanye West falls 1,300 signatures short to appear on Illinois ballot
- Southwest Airlines no longer cleaning armrests, seat belts between flights
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.