ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (CNN) — A North Carolina man was arrested on felony animal cruelty charges after he allegedly cut a family member’s dog in half with a chainsaw.
The sheriff’s office said Jonathon Bulluck was staying at his aunt’s house Friday night when he claimed her English Mastiff jumped on a 2-year-old who was also at the home.
According to the police report, the toddler wasn’t injured in the incident.
The next morning, the dog was found dead on a dirt path near the home.
The sheriff’s office said Bulluck stole the dog in the middle of the night, stabbed it to death, then used a chain saw to cut the dog in half and left it in a shallow grave.
Bulluck faces charges of felony animal larceny and felony animal cruelty.
- Cubs decline option year on Lester’s contract
- Halloween Warmup Won’t Stick Around
- Belvidere Chamber holds ‘trunk or treat’ so kids don’t miss out on Halloween fun
- Event donates coats, hats, gloves to homeless Rockford veterans
- In latest border-wall ceremony before election, DHS leader commemorates 400th mile