COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri man has been charged with stabbing his girlfriend’s dog, then strangling the animal to death after getting into a vehicle to take it to a veterinarian.
Mark Michael Jones Jr., of Columbia, is jailed on $10,000 bond after he was charged last week with a felony count of animal abuse. No attorney is listed for him in online court records.
The Columbia Missourian reports that on Aug. 25 the girlfriend heard her dog yelp multiple times. The probable cause statement says she found the dog with two stab wounds. Jones was in the apartment kitchen holding a knife.
The statement says that when the two got into a vehicle to take the dog to a veterinarian, Jones strangled the animal. The statement says Jones admitted to taking ecstasy.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere
Copyright © 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.