HICKSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A man impersonating an officer in a New York suburb made a real mistake when he decided to pull over a van.
According to the Associated Press, Valiery Portlock actually tried to stop a van carrying a group of detectives.
The detectives identified themselves and when they approached his car, police said the 25-year-old swerved into oncoming traffic and sped onto the highway.
That’s where highway patrol officers caught up to him and arrested Portlock.
He now faces charges of criminal impersonation and reckless endangerment.
- Rockford woman sentenced to federal prison for selling firearms to a felon
- Apple’s new Mac Pro will be made in Austin, not China
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman