(CNN) — NASA is getting into the Halloween spirit.
The space agency shared a Facebook photo of the sun looking like a flaming jack-o’-lantern on Sunday.
It captured the spooky image on October 8th, 2014.
This occurred when active regions of the sun burned more brightly than others.
“They are markers of an intense and complex set of magnetic fields hovering in the sun’s atmosphere, the corona,” NASA said. “This image blends together two sets of extreme ultraviolet wavelengths at 171 and 193 Ångströms, typically colorized in gold and yellow, to create a particularly Halloween-like appearance.”
NASA is inviting people to download a high-res image of the pumpkin sun, “just in time for Halloween.”
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker announces new COVID-19 guidelines for Illinois
- RPS reveals survey data, along with other back-to-school updates
- Stimulus check update: Trump, McConnell huddle as COVID aid talks at risk of collapse
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- Freeport city leaders open their ears to residents on ways to improve relationships with the community
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.