RAIPUR, India (WITI)— Ok. It was inevitable, right? Newborn twins have just been named Covid and Corona.
Preeti Verma gave birth to a boy — Covid — and a girl — Corona — and decided to name the twins after the virus, because they wanted “to spread happiness, not fear,” the proud papa, Vimay Verma, told TMZ.
The babies were born March 27 at the Ambedkar Memorial Hospital in Raipur, India. The mother told a newspaper in India that she had difficulty during the delivery so she and her husband wanted to make it “memorable.” That they did.
Some people were shocked by the choices, but the couple vows they will not change the names of their newborns.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision