RAIPUR, India (WITI)— Ok. It was inevitable, right? Newborn twins have just been named Covid and Corona.
Preeti Verma gave birth to a boy — Covid — and a girl — Corona — and decided to name the twins after the virus, because they wanted “to spread happiness, not fear,” the proud papa, Vimay Verma, told TMZ.
The babies were born March 27 at the Ambedkar Memorial Hospital in Raipur, India. The mother told a newspaper in India that she had difficulty during the delivery so she and her husband wanted to make it “memorable.” That they did.
Some people were shocked by the choices, but the couple vows they will not change the names of their newborns.
- Boylan teacher earns first Don Zimmerman Golden Apple Scholarship
- Stateline salons and tattoo shops reopen under Phase 3 of Restore Illinois
- Uniform worn by Tom Hanks in ‘A League of Their Own’ being auctioned
- Local restaurants and bars welcome customers back with outdoor dining
- Cooler, but Dry, this Weekend